Hauled Santosha out of the water three weekends ago! The Weather had been awesome so I thought I would get an earlier start than in previous years.
I was glad I did as the old Doziers yard in Urbanna has been sold and the new owners were planning on re-building the lift starting in April. This gave me only three weekends to get a laundry list of projects taken care of.
On the weather front, it went from being 70 degrees the week before I took her out to being a high of 34 the week after…
After power washing I was surprised to see that the water based ablative anti fouling that I had tried held up very well over the last three years. She needed a coat but there was still a good amount on there. The bottom would have looked way better had I used her more last year. The prop was in better shape than I thought also, there were some barnacles but I was happy with the insta-galve that used last time.
The worst area on the bottom were where I had epoxied some blisters and not left the epoxy to dry long enough before anti fouling, my mistake for not reading the instructions and she peeled a little as she dried out.
We set to on the hull, compounding stains and polishing with Star Bright PTFE polish. This polish bought back a good shine and I hoping that the teflon in there will help keep the old gel coat clean. We shall see…
But the initial results look like it was a good choice. The Pictures do not do her justice.
The following weekend was mainly prepping the bottom for the anti fouling and epoxying a few small blisters. We woke up to snow on the Sunday morning so we bailed on any more work that weekend.
Ill post the “After” results next week.